From the Blog
Author Archives: Rick Nercesian
After many successful years of auto detailing in the Havertown, PA area, we are now in the process of relocating! Our Havertown shop is now closed and no longer scheduling appointments. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We are still working out the details of our relocation and will keep our customers up to date when we have more information.
We greatly appreciate the business we have gotten over the years in Havertown, the Main Line, and beyond. We are now looking forward to the next phase in our business journey!
If you have any questions about a previous appointment or gift card balance, please get in touch with us through our online form.
At Rick’s Auto Detailing, we work on all types of vehicles new and old. Our team was excited when we got to detail an older red BMW sedan with the original plaid seats.
The detailing process for older cars is the same as it is for newer cars, as long as the car is still in good condition and doesn’t need any specialty services. This BMW just needed a standard complete detail to get back into like-new shape!
For the interior detail, we performed the following steps:
- Vacuumed and used compressed air to remove any lingering dust particles from the interior and cargo area.
- Cleaned all plastic and leather surfaces, making sure to get into all creases and crevices.
- Shampooed and steam cleaned all carpet and fabric surfaces including the seats, headliner, and visors.
- Cleaned all interior glass and mirrors so they are clear and free of any streaks or smudges.
- Applied sealant to the door jambs, woodgrain, and frame.
- Did a final inspection to make sure we didn’t miss anything.
Then we completed the exterior detail to make the outside look as flawless as the inside. Our process included:
- Hand washed the vehicle, decontaminated any iron residue, and completed the clay bar process.
- Wiped down the painted surfaces with alcohol solvent to prep them.
- Used a specialty machine to polish all painted surfaces and applied a wax sealant afterward.
- Cleaned, polished, and waxed all chrome surfaces, including the exhaust pipes.
- Cleaned all exterior glass, leaving a streak-free shine.
- Finished up by cleaning and dressing all exterior plastic surfaces and tires.
Check out some of the close up after images below:
Both our team and our customer were happy with the final results!
If you’re ready to get your vehicle detailed and looking like-new, schedule an appointment at Rick’s today.
Just picked up my van from Rick’s for an interior detail. I’m very pleased with how it came out. Rick thoroughly cleaned the interior including all the nooks and crannies. All the areas that were hard for me to reach with the vacuum are spotless!
– Doug H.
I didn’t wash my car for 3 years of use and abuse in the city of Philadelphia. Rick and his team cleaned my car so well, it looked as good as the day I bought it. Couldn’t have been more impressed. 10/10 professionalism as well. Rest assured, Ricks is the best in the business.
– Casey C.
Rick was very friendly, prompt and had a great professional attitude. I brought in a “vintage” Toyota that needed major cleaning with the interior and exterior. We were very pleased with the service. The prices plus tax were on the expensive side in all honesty but Rick’s professionalism and great customer service made it worthwhile! You will certainly be pleased!
– Bhavika N.
AMAZING! I found this place while searching for an auto-detailing place near me and I luckily found this one. Rick was able to fit me in within a week of calling him. It was done so fast and my car looks amazing. It looks and smells like a brand new car. Rick did a fantastic job and I will definitely be returning when my car needs detailing. Thank you so much!
– Mani D.
2022 Holiday Special
The holiday season is upon us, and Rick is here to help you with your holiday shopping. We’re announcing the return of our annual Gift Card Special!
Purchase a complete detail gift card for $75 off the original cost*. The promotion runs from now until 12/31/22 at midnight.
Note that the gift card recipient must schedule their detail in January, February, or March of 2023 to receive the full promotional value. After March 31, 2023, the gift card becomes equal to the purchase price and will be credited toward any complete detail at Rick’s.
Be sure your recipient books early to secure a spot before the end of March!
Complete Detail Costs
When you purchase a gift card from our holiday gift card page, you’ll get $75 off the cost of a complete detail.
- Small Coupe/Convertible:
- Sedan/Large Coupe:
- Small SUV/Crossover:
- Medium SUV:
- 2 Door Pickup Truck:
- Minivan / XL SUV / 4 Door Truck:
What Do You Get With a Complete Detail?
A complete detail includes a cleaning and restoration of both the interior and exterior of your vehicle, plus, its engine and wheels. You will also get a vinyl/plastic protectant and leather treatment if applicable.
On the outside, we will wash and wax your car and restore your paint to its original condition. On the inside, we will shampoo the fabric and clean all parts of the vehicle, including the door panels, dashboard, ashtrays, and cup holders.
Everyone Loves a Clean Car!
Check out the gallery for examples of our work:
Check out what some of our recent customers have had to say about our work:
I called in for an appointment for an interior and exterior detailing and Rick set me up the next day, first thing in the morning. I came in at 7:45 AM and Rick was already there working and ready to greet me and get my car set up. He asked me for any special requests for the job and told me when it’d be done by. Job was done in a few hours, earlier than the estimated time, and it was fantastic. Car was shining in places I didn’t know could shine. Rick and his crew work fast but are meticulous, you can tell they enjoy what they do. Professional, friendly and overall excellent service.
– Andy T. (July 2022)
I want to thank Rick’s Profesional Auto Detailing and Rick personally for the high quality of service and attention to detail that they performed on my 2015 Challenger Hellcat. The complete detail included several minor dent repairs, exterior detail including ceramic sealant, and a complete interior detail and engine compartment detail. Although my car is going to be 8 years old Rick and his staff brought back the “brand new / showroom” car look and it actually felt as if I was driving off the showroom floor when leaving his shop. I highly recommend Rick’s Profesional Auto Detailing to anyone who wants to restore their car back to its original showroom finish.
– Michael B. (June 2022)
Rick & his crew did an amazing job cleaning the interior of our Acura RDX. My wife was a dog walker as a side gig, so the interior was full of caked mud, dust, and dog hair. Rick got it back to looking like new, carpets and headliner were spotless and the leather seats looked brand new. All door trim, console, and steering wheel looked amazing. Also, Rick’s did not use any scented cleaners which is great because my wife is sensitive to perfumes / artificial scents. Also liked how Rick’s let you select if you want to have only the interior or exterior (or both) detailed.
– Jeff E. (June 2022)
*The Fine Print
- Must purchase through our holiday gift card form to receive the promotion.
- Not valid with other promotions or discounts.
- Promotional value is only good for details scheduled in January, February, or March. After March 31, 2023, the gift card becomes equal to the purchase price and will be credited toward any complete detail at Rick’s.
- The vehicle the gift recipient brings for service must match the type of car for which the gift card was purchased. Otherwise, the recipient will be subject to a charge for the difference. For example, if the gift card is purchased for a medium SUV and the gift recipient redeems the gift card for a complete detail of a minivan, they will be required to pay the difference.
- Note that any problems with your car should be disclosed to us before the detail. Also note that to properly clean convertibles, we must be able to put the top up & down.
Rick really brought my Volkswagen Tiguan to life! The maple trees on my property really ruined the paint on my vehicle due to the excessive amount of sap that had fallen on the surface. I was worried that the damage couldn’t be undone because the sap that had accumulated had harden over time. Rick not only removed the sap… he was able to remove the sap without further damage to the paint! When I picked up my car, it was beautifully polished and looked like a brand new vehicle in a showroom! Amazing!!! THANK YOU!
– Edwina P.
Absolutely fantastic! Was looking for a place to make my 16 year old car feel brand new and Rick’s Auto Detailing exceeded my expectations! A great local business to support!
– Ella C.
You can try as hard as you want to keep the interior of your car looking as pristine as possible, but life often gets in the way. Dirt, dust, debris, and staining are going to build up eventually, especially if children or animals are some of your regular passengers. Luckily, dirt, grime, and staining don’t have to become permanently infused into your car’s interior!
Our pro detailing shop has seen it all and there’s no stain that we’ve come across that we couldn’t remove. Stains from juice, soda, mold, mildew, and more are no match for our team. On a recent job, we restored this sedan’s stained and dingy seats to their original crisp and clean state with our full interior detailing service.
The interior detailing process contains six key steps:
- First Vacuum – To begin, we do a preliminary vacuuming to get all surface debris out of the way and we will use compressed air to disperse any lingering dust.
- Clean Plastic & Leather – Once the superficial debris is gone, we tackle cleaning all plastic and leather surfaces, creases, and crevices.
- Shampoo & Steam All Carpets & Fabrics – We use a shampoo and steam cleaning combo to remove stubborn stains from all fabric parts of the car, including the seats, floors, headliner, and visors.
- Clean Glass Surfaces – We then wipe down all the glass windows and mirrors to give them a streak-free shine.
- Sealant – To protect everything, we apply sealant to the door jambs, woodgrain, frame, and touch screen surfaces.
- Final Vacuum – We finish up with a final vacuuming and inspection to make sure we didn’t leave anything behind.
Check out some before and after photos to see the difference:
If your car, truck, or SUV’s interior has stubborn stains you haven’t been able to get rid of, get in touch with Rick’s Auto Detailing to schedule an appointment today!