At Rick’s Auto Detailing, we work on all types of vehicles new and old. Our team was excited when we got to detail an older red BMW sedan with the original plaid seats.
The detailing process for older cars is the same as it is for newer cars, as long as the car is still in good condition and doesn’t need any specialty services. This BMW just needed a standard complete detail to get back into like-new shape!
For the interior detail, we performed the following steps:
- Vacuumed and used compressed air to remove any lingering dust particles from the interior and cargo area.
- Cleaned all plastic and leather surfaces, making sure to get into all creases and crevices.
- Shampooed and steam cleaned all carpet and fabric surfaces including the seats, headliner, and visors.
- Cleaned all interior glass and mirrors so they are clear and free of any streaks or smudges.
- Applied sealant to the door jambs, woodgrain, and frame.
- Did a final inspection to make sure we didn’t miss anything.
Then we completed the exterior detail to make the outside look as flawless as the inside. Our process included:
- Hand washed the vehicle, decontaminated any iron residue, and completed the clay bar process.
- Wiped down the painted surfaces with alcohol solvent to prep them.
- Used a specialty machine to polish all painted surfaces and applied a wax sealant afterward.
- Cleaned, polished, and waxed all chrome surfaces, including the exhaust pipes.
- Cleaned all exterior glass, leaving a streak-free shine.
- Finished up by cleaning and dressing all exterior plastic surfaces and tires.
Check out some of the close up after images below:
Both our team and our customer were happy with the final results!
If you’re ready to get your vehicle detailed and looking like-new, schedule an appointment at Rick’s today.