It’s that time of year again! Parents start to feel more like taxi drivers as school starts, and students return to their after school activities and fall sports. While driving your kids around, you’re bound to encounter a problem or two. Whether your children spill juice all over the back seat or leave their soccer shoes lying around, we have the tips to help keep your car neat and organized for the back-to-school season.
The first step to an organized, clean car is to come in to Rick’s for detailing services. Once your car is spick and span, follow our tips below to keep it looking that way throughout the year.
Tips for keeping your car tidy this school year:
- When you’re driving your kids around, spills are bound to happen. In a storage bin that slides beneath your driver’s seat, store items you need to catch a mess before it soaks in and becomes a real problem. Fill your bin with items like a bottle of water, upholstery cleaner, hand-held vacuum, and paper towels. You may also want to travel with wet naps for grimy hands.
- Plastic cereal containers make excellent travel trash cans! You can purchase them cheaply at stores that carry kitchen supplies. Simply line with a small garbage can, and you have a tidy way to collect your road rubbish.
- Provide each child with a draw string bag and instruct them to “carry in, carry out.” They can fill their bags with toys, snacks, and items they need for activities. When they return home, they can use the bag to transport the items back into the house.
- Organize important car documents, such as your registration and insurance card, in an index card-sized file folder that you can store in the glove box.
- Line your cup holders with silicone cupcake liners. These will collect the crumby mess that collects at the bottom of your cup holders over time.
For a deeper clean, don’t forget to call the team at Rick’s!