Over time, wear and tear is normal in a car. If you leave a window open while it’s raining or spill a drink on your seat, mold and mildew can grow, and those who have experienced this know you can’t mistake the smell. We recently had a car come in that had mold and dirt on the seat. To bring this car to a like-new state, we started with an interior detail.
We perform the following processes for an interior detail:
- We vacuum and use compressed air to dislodge any lingering dust from the interior and cargo area.
- We then sanitize all plastic and leather surfaces.
- Next, we shampoo and steam clean all carpets and fabric surfaces, including the seats, headliner, and visors.
- All glass and mirrors are cleaned to a streak-free shine.
- Then we apply a sealant to door jambs, woodgrain, frame, and touch screen surfaces.
- Lastly, we do a final vacuum and inspection of the vehicle.
When a car with mold is brought to us we like to disinfect the car with steam. This makes the car safe to drive in, keeps the mold from coming back longer, and eliminates any unwanted smells.
We were able to return this car with seats that looked brand new. If you have a car that has normal wear and tear or mold and mildew, contact us today!